\\\\\\\\\LIKE ERICH VON STROHEIM IN THE MOVIES: THE MAN YOU LOVE TO HATE/////////

Friday, February 03, 2006

These are my friends and readers...

(photo caption) Born in Minnesota, raised in North Dakota, Chuck Klosterman is the pop culture guru du jour. How the hell did that happen?

Here's an insight into the life I lead and to those I share this existence with. Oh, the joy.

Reader: Are you reading Chuck Klosterman's Super Bowl blog on ESPN.com? If not, you should start.

Fogbot: No. Klosterman's always rubbed me the wrong way. I think he's a bit pompous and not much of a writer, per se. Seems like the "it" boy of the writing world, which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with talent. I'll check it out, though.

Reader: I think people that call others pompous are pompous. I don't know much about writing but I like reading stuff that makes me laugh. Plus, he makes a lot of obscure pop culture references that I get. Makes me feel "with it".

Fogbot: I think that people who think people are pompous for calling others pompous are pompous themselves. Not you, though, because you'd enjoy someone calling you "pompous" far too much.

Reader: You are starting to get to know me too well; you understand that I secretly get pleasure from such things.

Fogbot: Both of those propostitions may or may not be true.

---

To be honest, I actually don't mind Chuck Klosterman. I only disagreed to stir it up with dear Reader. And he, of course, obliged. Today is the best day since yesterday.

---

On other topics:
There's going to be a big bike festival going on in Minneapolis Saturday afternoon. If you own a car, stay off the streets tomorrow. Or else. If you own a camera, be sure to get a picture of me on my new ride. You'll know which one I am.

Also, I'm going to try to write a preview of the Gophs-Ohio State game sometime between now and game time tomorrow, so look for that. If it gets done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Homer said...

The guy looks a little bit like the Church Lady anyway

Fri Feb 03, 08:43:00 PM 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home