\\\\\\\\\LIKE ERICH VON STROHEIM IN THE MOVIES: THE MAN YOU LOVE TO HATE/////////

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Brats

(image courtesy FunnyArtPictures.Com)


So I'm out riding last evening. Not two miles from home base, a kid in the back seat of a Pontiac Grand Prix whips something out of the rear passenger seat at me as his car rolls by.

I don't know what it was, and I don't really care, but it went right over my handlebars.

So I sprint after the car, fairly certain that I can catch it because there are two stop signs up ahead.

I catch the car at the second stop sign and pull alongside the female driver and make the universal signal to roll the window down.

The driver either doesn't see me or pretends not to see me.

So I pull through the intersection. And throw my chain off of the ring while doing so.

"Dammit!"

As the car rolls by, the little shit in the back seat gives me one of those "Gotcha, b----!" looks.

But then the driver pulls into an apartment building not 50 yards from where I'm putting my chain back on.

"Gotcha, b----!"

I proceeded to roll down the driveway into the parking lot. The car has parked.

I roll up to the driver.

"I was trying to get your attention back there because your boy in the back seat threw something at me as you were driving."

"Jake! I can't believe you would throw something out of the window!"

Muffled, from 12-13 year-old Jake: "Sorry about that."

"Just wanted to let you know, ma'am. See you around, Jake."

2 Comments:

Blogger Lunatic Biker said...

Some little shits hit me with a snowball from a moving car last winter.Was unable to find them. Sounds like you handled it well.

Wed Aug 16, 10:29:00 AM 2006

 
Blogger StevenCX said...

Yes, well handled. I had a friend in Portland who had quite the temper. He got into a few altercations with inconsiderate drivers that only fueled the bike vs. auto tension. Best to handle it civilly if possible or let it go, since the odds are not in our favor. Otherwise even if you win, the driver is going to take it out on another hapless cyclist. Anyway, you probably earned some respect from the brat and the mom too, assuming she wasn't just pretending to care.

Wed Aug 16, 08:45:00 PM 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home