\\\\\\\\\LIKE ERICH VON STROHEIM IN THE MOVIES: THE MAN YOU LOVE TO HATE/////////

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Tag, AKA Five Questions


So, I apparently got tagged by Ugly Bike to address five things that people may not know about me.

It seems as though Ugly Bike had been initially tagged by MasiGuy, who himself has partaken in this ritual in Decembers past.

So, I'll play along. But know that I value my privacy.


Five Things You May Not Know About Tuffy
1) I'm 6'1.5" tall.
I'm neither 6'1" nor 6'2". This doesn't seem like a big deal, but height seems to come up in daily dealing more than you would think. Everything from "How tall are you?" to "What the hell do I write down on this drivers' license form?" Here's another example: when I was a high school athlete, I would tell college baseball and hockey recruiters that I was 6'2", but I would tell college football recruiters that I was 6'1". The reason? I felt that I may possibly be deemed "too tall" for the football position I played, whereas added height wouldn't hurt me in baseball or hockey, in my mind.

2) My feet have grown a half-size since college.
This has been incredibly frustrating and has led to some bad purchases. Additionally, since I never seemed to fit into Nike sizing correctly, I gave up buying their product completely, but I usually tell people that I did so because of the whole sweatshop thing.

3) "Yes" means "Yes" and "No" means "No" and "Maybe" means "No" too.
If you ask me to do something and I respond, "Yes", I will be there/help you/etc unless I forget about it (which does happen). If you ask me to do something and I respond, "No", I will not be there/help you/etc. If you ask me to do something and I respond, "Maybe", that's means "No" too about 99% of the time. Like tonight: someone invited me to a gathering at their house. I'm not all that excited about attending, so I responded "Maybe". At the same time, I would feel badly about not attending, and that accounts for the 1% deviation from time-to-time.

4) I don't like being in crowded places.
Want to go to that popular and hip new bar? Have fun! Want me to be civil while waiting in line to register for a bike race with a poorly planned out registration tent? Not going to happen. I don't like to be in crowds. I don't like to be in crowded places. It's just the way it is. I haven't been to the "Great Minnesota Get-Together" in ten years. Final example: I refuse to drive on the highway on my way to work. In reality, it would probably save me about five minutes, but I'd rather avoid the morning/afternoon car chaos and stress and drive the city streets.

5) I have been shaving my head for a little over ten years straight.
With one notable exception: the Spring/Summer of 2001 when, for a long time, I could not successfully gain employment, so I just said, "Screw it" and let it grow all summer long. I got a job with the relatively long hair in August and only cut it the day before I started work.


To continue the "tag" game, if any of these people are up for it, I select (in alphabetical order):
(dis)pencer
Karla!
Lunatic Biker
Smithers
SuperRookie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dis, you know you love it. As for me, I'll see what I can do.

Sat Dec 16, 12:50:00 PM 2006

 
Blogger Lunatic Biker said...

You suck!! But I still love you.

Sun Dec 17, 08:10:00 AM 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home