\\\\\\\\\LIKE ERICH VON STROHEIM IN THE MOVIES: THE MAN YOU LOVE TO HATE/////////

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Not Thursday Night Track Racing

[photo caption] Cat 6 legend T3 awaits the start of his Category 4/5 race. (photo courtesy of Smithers)


Smithers posted tonight from the Velodrome.

I'm not there.

This is the first Thursday night of racing since early June that I haven't been on my bike at the Velodrome.

I'm not sure exactly why.

I think it goes something like this:

1) I started work last week. It stresses the body and mind. My body and mind are stressed. I don't have a lot of excess energy right now.

2) I'm kind of burned out from a full season of bike racing. The irony is that I just found out this week that I won't be able to ride a full season of racing next year. One would think that this would mean that I would be taking every chance I could to get out and race while I can. To that logic, I say, "Read Reason #1".

3) There are road races on Saturday and Sunday that I'm thinking about riding. If I raced on the track tonight, I probably wouldn't be able to fully recover by the weekend.

4) There are only three (including tonight) nights of racing left at the Velodrome this year. Any upgrades points I earned in these three nights (however unlikely) would be halved at the start of next year. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me to earn half-points from here-on-out this season.

5) Did I mention that I'm tired? I've taken naps of 2+ hours each of the past two nights.

End result? I think I'm done at the Velodrome on Thursday nights this year. I'm undecided on Smithers' September 10th Velodrome Throwdown, however.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Smith said...

If you don't show on 9/10 Jesus will never forgive you.

Thu Aug 31, 08:38:00 PM 2006

 
Blogger (dis)pencer said...

sitting up with 3 to go...
typical tuffy.

Fri Sep 01, 07:02:00 AM 2006

 
Blogger Skibby said...

those are the lameest excuses I've ever seen not to race. We all work, and I raced Thursday and am going to race Saturday, what does not kill you makes you better...
Upgrade points? Who uses upgrade points as an excuse not to race? Smithers has a gazillion and he races, I have a bunch but not enough and I race, other guys have very little and they race...burnout? It's been a long season for all of us, but the track is not going to be here forever, enjoy it while you can. Cheesh, get your ass out there and have FUN!!!

Fri Sep 01, 07:13:00 AM 2006

 
Blogger Jim said...

Dude,

Do you want to go to the Triple Rock and play Yahtzee?

Fri Sep 01, 08:01:00 AM 2006

 
Blogger T3 said...

other guys have very little and they race

I may never earn an upgrade point ever... and i was there.

Fri Sep 01, 11:21:00 AM 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home