\\\\\\\\\LIKE ERICH VON STROHEIM IN THE MOVIES: THE MAN YOU LOVE TO HATE/////////

Monday, October 30, 2006

So

The pumpkin on the right was carved by Cour10ay of the McGuire Women's Pro Team. She's multi-talented, and good looking to boot!


So here's a little bit of what's been going on:
--I've been pulling 10 hour shifts at the mines regularly as of late. I don't feel cheated or anything, as it's completely necessary. However, my ass has been dragging and I usually end up most evenings with a pretty good headache. Thank goodness I gave up serious drinking a while ago; otherwise, I'd be putting the alcohol content by volume to good use.
--I haven't ridden my bike in over two weeks -- since the Boom Island CX race. Haven't really missed it, but haven't had the energy to do anything about it, either. Plus, since I was getting out of work at dusk and don't have the trainer set up yet, well, you get the picture.
--With the lack of riding, I feel like I've gained 5 pounds really quickly. I don't own a scale, so it might be just a feeling. But I do feel fat.
--I haven't shaved my legs in a while, either. I feel like a lazy woman.
--I went to Madison a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping for a nice, sunlit fall weekend. Instead, it was raining and forty degrees all weekend. Perfect.
--One of my riding partners is moving to South America for a year or so, then to California after that for another two years or so. Not good times.
--So, yeah. That's about it. What about you?

8 Comments:

Blogger StevenCX said...

Isn't it much easier to keep the weight off and the fitness up than to start all over from scratch this spring? And what would be a good, fun way to keep the fitness up and the weight down through November? Purely rhetorical questions of course ;-) ;-)

Tue Oct 31, 06:06:00 AM 2006

 
Blogger Jim said...

I sypathize with the weight gain, it's hard when your riding is cut in half and you continue to eat the same, if not worse because now that it is too dark to ride you go to the bar instead. Also have the prickley legs syndrome. Am debating to shave or let grow for the winter. Sucks when you lose a riding partner. You are always welcome to come and ride with us.

Might be at the Nook on Wednesday.

Tue Oct 31, 08:05:00 AM 2006

 
Blogger Christopher Smith said...

Don't you have a set of rollers?

Tue Oct 31, 08:51:00 AM 2006

 
Blogger AdamB said...

Yeah, same here. Work makes riding tough, and I took a break recently. But I got back on the commuter today and it feels really good.

Spend some time with Coach Troy and see how it feels.

Pity Party over! You gotta get that next upgrade!

Tue Oct 31, 02:03:00 PM 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally sympathize with your feeling like a lazy woman. I feel like that every day.

Tue Oct 31, 06:35:00 PM 2006

 
Blogger Strats said...

All together now...Poor Tuffy! Welcome to the boat, I hope you brought your PFD.

Tue Oct 31, 06:46:00 PM 2006

 
Blogger Lunatic Biker said...

Just get the right clothes and ride your goddamn bike! You know I'm always available for riding even if I'm slower.

Wed Nov 01, 06:12:00 AM 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the pumpkin props! you made my day.
it's starting to get rainy and cold here too. but i work part time so i still get to ride outside in the daylight if i want to, thus giving me no real right to complain. but being a girl i will complain anyway. i mean, not to suggest that you are complaining and you are therefore a girl, i am just saying, you know...
i am taking up reading for the winter to make me feel better about life. velonews and pinkisthenewblog.com don't count.

Thu Nov 02, 01:11:00 PM 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home