\\\\\\\\\LIKE ERICH VON STROHEIM IN THE MOVIES: THE MAN YOU LOVE TO HATE/////////

Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Greatest Excuse Ever


So, here's the best reason ever to miss Stupor Bowl 10: I just spent the last four hours MCing a meat raffle.

I think I was first exposed to a "meat raffle" while getting sauced during my Morrison/Joplin days at Joe & Stan's on W. 7th in St. Paul with my drinking partner Krugs. And it made me shiver.

And, ever since, the idea of a meat raffle has made me laugh.

But, after doing a little bit of research, I guess I never realized how much a meat raffle is a part of Minnesota-cana.

So, that's where I was during Stupor Bowl: presiding over a meat raffle. I even had to buy a ticket, mainly because I damaged it and it was unsellable.

PS: There was no way I was showing up at Stupor Bowl anyway. It needed to be at least 30 degrees warmer.

1 Comments:

Blogger StevenCX said...

Yes, this meat raffle thing is fascinating to an outsider. I don't remember meat raffles when I was growing up here, but then again, that was the 70s when the hip thing was backyard luaus.

Sat Feb 03, 06:48:00 PM 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home