\\\\\\\\\LIKE ERICH VON STROHEIM IN THE MOVIES: THE MAN YOU LOVE TO HATE/////////

Monday, February 12, 2007

One Less Headache


So, I have one less headache to report today.

After struggling for sometime about what to do about the ever growing inverse relationship between the price of my cable bill and the quality of service Comcast provides, I pulled the plug.

Sort of.

My demands:
1) Downgrade my service to Basic 1
2) Keep the Sports Tier

Basically, now I have the five local channels plus about 19 variations on QVC, plus English Premier League football. For almost $40 less per month than I was paying yesterday.

It's ok. I haven't been watching the tele much lately anyway. And I'll upgrade for the month of July, then immediately downgrade again.

Screw you, Comcast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

You should just give up TV. Mine doesn't even have an antenna. And I really don't miss it. I've been TV free (except for movies and TV-Dvd's) for several years now and I love it.

Mon Feb 12, 06:26:00 PM 2007

 
Blogger StevenCX said...

Boy you sure showed them!

Tue Feb 13, 06:35:00 AM 2007

 
Blogger Tuffy said...

Boy you sure showed them!

Aside from giving up completely and just going with rabbit ears (which I'm not willing to do), the consumer doesn't really have any option.

I'll gladly pay them $15 a month for clear local service and all the soccer I can handle versus the $55 or so I was forking over...

Tue Feb 13, 06:51:00 AM 2007

 
Blogger T3 said...

yeah -- i called the cable company a few months ago and downgraded too. i pay the lower price but someone in the home office forgot to flip the switch-y thing.

so i'm paying $15/month and getting all the same stuff i got when i was paying $45 or whatever.

i win!

Tue Feb 13, 12:03:00 PM 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home