\\\\\\\\\LIKE ERICH VON STROHEIM IN THE MOVIES: THE MAN YOU LOVE TO HATE/////////

Monday, March 12, 2007

Sponsorship Nooz


So, it seems like everyday that my decision to switch teams for the '07 season was the right one.

Today's case-in-point:
I'm still on the mailing list from my old teams' shop sponsor. Checked my mail today, and lo and behold, the new Shop X Bike Race / Event Calendar. I paged through it looking for some sweet pics of my old squad.

What did I find?

Not one picture of my old team.

Shop X's owner couldn't find one month out of the twelve to publicize the only true team flying his name. Not one fucking month. Not even February, fer chrissakes.

Oh, there were pictures of riders from other local teams, though. There were infinitely more pictures of Grand Performance/SPBRC and Loon State riders than there were of my old squad.

And, in the shop owner's final "Tuffy's Old Squad Can Kiss My Ass" salute, the shop owner found the space to include not one, not two, but three pictures of himself -- including the mf'ing cover.

Must be a proud day for the old team...